- 1 Pomeranian Grooming Tools Should Include:
- 2 Best Brush for a Pomeranian
- 3 Best Bristle Pomeranian Brush
- 4 Best Slicker Pomeranian Hair Brush
- 5 Best Wire-Pin Pomeranian Brush
- 6 Best Pomeranian Comb
- 7 Pomeranian Grooming Tools
- 8 Recommended Shampoo and Conditioner for Pomeranian Dogs
- 9 Trim your Pomeranians Toenails
- 10 Other Dog Grooming Products to Help Maintain a Healthy Pomeranian Coat :
Pomeranian Grooming Tools Should Include:
• Slicker Pomeranian Brush
• Pin Pomeranian Hair Brush
• Teflon coated Metal Comb
• Coat Conditioner Spray
• Nail trimmer or a small grinder
• Eye wipes
Details of the best Pomeranian grooming tools are provided below.
Best Brush for a Pomeranian
Combs, Brushes and other grooming tools recommended here are the actual equipment used to groom the Champion Dochlaggie Pomeranians. Utilizing proper grooming tools will certainly make it possible for you to easily and quickly perform the task of Pomeranian grooming.
Grooming is incredibly important for all dogs, especially breeds such as the Pomeranian. Finding the ideal Pomeranian comb and Pomeranian brush is the vital first step in this process.
Combs and brushes come in numerous sizes and shapes, but there are just three types of brushes.
Best Bristle Pomeranian Brush
All dog coats will benefit from being brushed with a bristle brush. They vary according to bristle length and space between them. The longer the hair, the longer and more widely spaced the bristles need to be. Stiffer bristles can be used for coarse hair and for longer hair use a brush with stiffer bristles.
Best Slicker Pomeranian Hair Brush
The fine wire bristles on these Slicker brushes are used to eliminate tangles and mats, while keeping the dog’s hair looking as good as possible. A large soft slicker brush is the best and most for Pomeranians.
Remember best results are obtained when using a slicker brush by only flicking with the corners of your slicker brush.
For more details on the correct use of a slicker refer to our Pomeranian Grooming eBook.
Best Wire-Pin Pomeranian Brush
Wire-Pin-Brushes without the rubber-tipped ends are perfect brushes for Pomeranians. Avoid using the rubber tipped Pin brushes on your Pom, as the rubber tips can damage the coat.
Some owners have mentioned their Pom may not like being brushed with a Pin brush minus pins. If this is the case, adjust your brushing technique.
Best Pomeranian Comb
Combs that have wide teeth are great to remove the loose hair from brushes and are also good for those finishing touches on your Pom. A comb with very fine teeth can help to shape the hair on your Pomeranian’s face.
Use a Teflon coated Metal Comb ( if a Teflon coated Metal Comb is unavailable purchase a large wide toothed comb with rounded tooth ends) on the Pomeranian’s body fur.
When you comb and brush your Pom, always do it gently and take all the time necessary. Extra care is required when eliminating tangles and mats.
Your Pomeranian should enjoy the gentle strokes on his skin when you do your brushing. However, it’s easy to make your dog dislike brushing by pulling at hair tangles and taking ages to remove them.
Win your Pom’s confidence by brushing his coat every day as this helps prevent tangles from forming and, if he does get any, the tangles and mats will be small and are removed easily, and without a struggle.
Pomeranian Grooming Tools
- 1. Battery toothbrush.
- 2. Geib Stainless Steel Small Pet Super Gator 48-Tooth Blending Shears, 8-Inch
- 3. ShearsDirect Japanese 440C 24 Tooth Chunker with Light Blue Gem Stone Tension and Anatomic Handle, 7.5-Inch
- 4.Master Grooming 5200 Titanium Straight Shear, 8.5-Inch, Blue
- 5.Safari Professional Dog Nail Trimmer, Small/Medium
- 6.Millers Forge Stainless Steel Pins Designer Series Soft Slicker Pet Grooming Brush, Large
- 7. Chris Christensen Oval Pin Brush, 27mm
- 8. Andis Pet 7-1/2-Inch Steel Comb (65730)
- 9.Prolux Anti Static Dog Grooming Combo Comb
- 10. Spray bottle containing diluted conditioner. Tolco Empty Spray Bottle 8 oz. Frosted Assorted Colors
Recommended Shampoo and Conditioner for Pomeranian Dogs
I use the following shampoo and conditioner on the Dochlaggie Champion Pomeranians:
Trim your Pomeranians Toenails
I personally use a nail grinder to maintain short Pomeranian toenails.
A word of caution: Great care is necessary to prevent any Pomeranian fur being grabbed by the grinder.
Wrapping your Pomeranian in a towel, whilst using a toe nail grinder is an excellent idea.
The Dochlaggie Pomeranians prefer a grinder to toenail clippers and will sit on my lap, happily while their nails are done. Details of nail grinders for pets can found at this link.
Other Dog Grooming Products to Help Maintain a Healthy Pomeranian Coat :
- Dremel 7300-PT 4.8-Volt Pet Grooming Kit
- Earthbath All Natural Dog Shampoo, Oatmeal & Aloe, 16 oz SynergyLabs Veterinary Formula Solutions Ultra Oatmeal Moisturizing Shampoo, 17 fl. oz.
- SynergyLabs Veterinary Formula Solutions Ultra Oatmeal Moisturizing Conditioner; 17 fl. oz.
- Kenic Kalaya Emu Oil Pet Shampoo, 17-Ounce
- Kenic Kalaya Emu Oil Pet Spray, 17-Ounce
Eye Wipes for Pomeranians
Copyright Pomeranian.Org. All Rights Reserved.
References and Further Reading:
 Denise Leo “The Pomeranian Handbook”.
Denise Leo ” Pomeranian Grooming“.