General Pomeranian Chat

Home Forums Pomeranian Forum General Pomeranian Chat

This topic contains 9 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  admin 3 months, 4 weeks ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

admin
    Keymaster

General Pomeranian Chat

dreamstime_xxl_37114806

admin
    Keymaster

admin
    Keymaster

You might be a dog person if . . .

*You have to slam the door in at least one furry face if you have the slightest hope of ever going to the bathroom by yourself.
    *You’ve ever apologized to your dog for slamming the bathroom door in his face.
    *You really don’t care if you go to the bathroom by yourself or not.
    *Your dog knows you’ll rub his butt while you’re sitting on the toilet.
    *You are absolutely not embarrassed to have your dog see you get out of the shower.
    *Your dog has watched you throw up.
    *The windows in your house are covered with dog nose goobers from 3 feet down (or from 6 feet down if you own a jack russell).
    *You’ve ever asked your dog, “What should I wear today?” or “Does this look okay?”
    *You can sleep through an F5 tornado or a gas line explosion but wake in an instant if you hear the dreaded pre-barfing gagging noise in the middle of the night.
    *You’ve ever stepped on a Nylabone, barefoot, in the middle of the night, while rushing to let your dog outside because he’s making the pre-barfing gagging noise.
    *You spend hours pondering the best diet for your dog but eat microwave popcorn for your own supper.
    *You can pick dog hair out of your food without missing a beat but nearly lose your lunch if you find a human hair in your sandwich.
    *You’ve fed your dog cereal off your spoon, then absent-mindedly gone back to eating cereal with the same spoon.
    *You realize you’ve fed your dog off your spoon . . . then shrug and keep eating.
    *You’ve sat at work, crying, because you just got an e-mail that a friend’s dog died.
    *You have explained – repeatedly – to family members that no, you cannot attend the birthday party, anniversary party, graduation party, engagement party, confirmation, family dinner for no good reason, Mother’s Day/Father’s Day get-together, wedding, funeral or audience with the Pope because you’re dog isn’t feeling well.
    *Your cupboards are always well-stocked with salmon oil, Cosequin, Missing Link, Zuke’s treats, Natural Balance rolls, freeze-dried liver and sweet potato chews but you routinely run out of milk, bread and cereal.
    *You’ve ever had to explain suspicious bruises to a medical professional and assured them – repeatedly – that you feel safe in your home.
    *You’ve had a split lip, black eye, broken nose, rope burn or mild concussion caused by a dog belonging to yourself or a friend.
    *You’ve asked an auto dealer to take the seats out of a van so you could measure for crate space. *You’ve had days where your only goal was to get home from work while there’s enough daylight left so you can see to pick up dog poop in the yard.

admin
    Keymaster

Loved this one…

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

admin
    Keymaster

WE now have over 60 members. Unfortunately some of the 60 have not followed up and clicked on the link contained in the follow up email sent out by the Pomeranian information website. people if you hear nothing back after joining please check your spam folders. To use the site you need to have clicked this link. I will be going and deleting all members who have not completed membership in the coming weeks. Thanks people for joining.

admin
    Keymaster

Correct nutrition is essential for our pup’s development. Don’t let this happen to your puppy…

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

admin
    Keymaster

Canine Neuter FAQ
    Neutering provides several health benefits for dogs. One of the major worries is about the prostate gland. Testosterone can gradually cause the gland to grow bigger during the dog’s lifetime.

As the dog ages, it often becomes uncomfortable and if it grows so big, it may affect your pet’s ability to defecate. Infections can be caused when the prostate’s affected and neutering is the only way to solve this problem.

If your dog is neutered, his prostate may shrink a lot. It also prevents prostatitis and benign hyperplasia (an enlargement), both issues that occur as a dog gets older. There’s also a widely-held belief that if you neuter your dog, it will prevent the onset of prostate cancer. However, this is just a myth.
    There are other benefits of having your dog neutered and they include: tumours in the anus and testicles, prevention of some forms of hernias and excessive preputial discharge.

Will a dog have any behavioural changes after he has been neutered?
    READ MORE

admin
    Keymaster

admin
    Keymaster

My vet ,friends, and family it was time to put my first dog down because of liver failure. This was a Pomeranian. Peaches was peach and cream color. She was beautiful. I wanted her to go naturally. Everyone said that I was selfish and making her suffer. So about three weeks ago I had Peaches put down. What would you do put the down or let them go naturally? I’ve been looking to get another pom but not sure if I’m ready yet! I want to get a Pom on the day Peaches died. I’m thinking recarnation. I would get a white throwback pom with some color on her head and around 13.25 pounds. What would you do? Cathy

admin
    Keymaster

Get yourself another Pomeranian to love asap. Hugs.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Password Reset
Please enter your e-mail address. You will receive a new password via e-mail.