On This Page
- 1 What are Pomeranian Tear Stains?
- 2 Pomeranians Can Develop Tear Stains From a Early Age
- 3 You Ask How Do I Get Rid of Tear Stains on my Pomeranian?
- 4 Pomeranian Tear Stain Remover That Works
- 5 How to Use Dog Tear Stain Remover
- 6 Best Product to Remove Tear Stains on Dogs
- 7 Final Thoughts on Pomeranian Eye Stains
- 8 The Pomeranian Handbook
What are Pomeranian Tear Stains?
Pomeranian tears stains are a regular issue with most Pomeranians. It’s very common, particularly with lighter coloured dogs. Pomeranian eye stains can be brown discolored hair under the Pomeranian’s eyes.
Food does not cause stains. The orange colour has an iron ingredient that the Pom secretes in his saliva, tears and urine. This is why he may have orange on his lips, or paws or anywhere else he licks all the time. If he’s out in the sunlight and wind, the problem is only aggravated.
Pomeranians Can Develop Tear Stains From a Early Age
Pomeranian Tear stains may develop on very young Pom puppies who are still feeding from their mother. Pomeranian eye stains and staining on paws and around their mouth is very common on white and cream colored Pom puppies. Light colored Pomeranian puppies may develop food stains on their paws and around the mouth from food.
You Ask How Do I Get Rid of Tear Stains on my Pomeranian?
To Reduce Pomeranian Tear Stains, Follow These Steps:
- Human eye drops can be used to flush your dog’s tear ducts. A couple of drops twice a day in each eye often stops ugly eye staining.
- Use a damp makeup pad to wash away the stains each day. (Use sterile water to moisten the pad or eye drops). Never use tissues around your dog’s eye area. Tissues are made from wood and may cause severe eye irritation.
- Get antibiotics from the vet to prevent Pomeranian eye stains.
Many Pomeranian breeders also recommend:
- Only providing bottled/distilled water for your dog to drink.
- The use of moisturising eye drops.
- Giving your dog Vitamin C.
- Include half a teaspoon of coconut oil in his food daily.
- For some dog tear stains apple cider vinegar helps. 1 teaspoon of Apple cider vinegar added the dog’s food daily may also be helpful. Some dogs wont eat their meal with the vinegar added, so start slowly only adding a few drops to start and increasing slowly to one teaspoon of Apple Cider Vinegar daily.
There are many products available to help remove and prevent eye stains. Certain products are added to your dog’s food. Another approach is using a product applied externally to help minimize Pomeranian eye staining.
Unfortunately the majority of these eye stain remover type products just don’t work. Some can even be dangerous to your Pom’s health. As an exhibitor of Pomeranian show dogs, I have experimented and tried all the following methods to remove eye stains with great success.
Pomeranian Tear Stain Remover That Works
How to Get Rid of Tear Stains:
Presentation is extremely important for show Pomeranians. I follow the steps listed above and also apply a dog tear stain remover that works, externally each and everyday. I have found the best tear stain remover for dogs is Eye Envy – Tear Stain Remover Powder- for Dogs and Cats, 4oz – Safe and Natural
I recommend Eye Envy – Tear Stain Remover Powder- for Dogs and Cats, 4oz – Safe and Natural as a Pomeranian tear stain Remover that works. I have been using Eye Envy Tear Stain remover on the Pomeranian Puppy pictured above for a month and the results are amazing.
How to Use Dog Tear Stain Remover
I started seeing good results, using the dog tear stain remover that works after a week.
- Apply the tear stain remover powder each and very night.
- First wipe the area clean with a make-up remover pad.
- Comb the hair under the eye in the opposite direction to encourage powder to coat each strand of hair.
- Apply Eye Envy – Tear Stain Remover Powder- for Dogs and Cats, 4oz – Safe and Natural with either the tip of your finger or a cotton bud.
At this stage, I have only purchased the powder Eye Envy do have Eye Envy NR 8oz Tear Stain Remover Solution for Dogs available as well as Eye Envy- Replenishment Bag of Eye Envy Pads for Dogs or Cats, by Eye Envy.
Using the Eye Envy – Tear Stain Remover Powder- for Dogs and Cats, 4oz – Safe and Natural has proved very successful and my Pomeranian Puppy is now a consistent winner at Dog Shows.
Best Product to Remove Tear Stains on Dogs
Final Thoughts on Pomeranian Eye Stains
Excessive Pomeranian eyes watering should be checked by a Veterinarian. Certain health issues can produce excessive tear production and resulting eye staining. Your veterinarian should check for an eyelid or lash problem that could be irritating her eye or a blocked a tear duct. Sometimes simple surgery can fix the problem of Pomeranian eyes watering.
Copyright Pomeranian.Org. All Rights Reserved.