You ask do Pomeranians Bark a lot? Barking is a perfectly natural and normal behavior in dogs. Pomeranian dog barking can become a problem if not curbed. A Pomeranian bark is a major communication method and some dogs tend to bark more than others.
Learn How to Stop Incessant Barking
- Check with the breeder of your Pomeranian to find out if your Pomeranian barking habit is normal.
- Does the breeder have any special tips or tricks that they may share to help stop Pomeranian barking ?
- Ask if there is a tendacy for excessive barking in your Pomeranian’s family? Do pomeranians bark a lot
- As a general rule small dogs can be “yappy”, if not properly trained from a young age.
- A well trained Pomeranian is a joy to live with, the opposite can be said for an untrained , spoilt Pomeranian.
How to Train Pomeranian Not to Bark
It is both unfair and unrealistic to expect your Pomeranian to become mute, but here are a few simple steps to teach your Pomeranian to only bark when appropriate.
How to Stop Pomeranian Barking
- Step 1: Try to determine why your is Pomeranian barking eliminating the stimuli to bark will increase your chances of success.
- Step 2: Have your Pomeranian’s favorite treat within reach.
- Step 3: Praise the Pomeranian barking once he starts by saying ‘Good job’ and then ‘What’s the matter?
- Step 4:Tell the Pomeranian “Be quiet”.
- Step 5: Wave the treat in front of your Pomeranian’s nose. Most Pomeranian barking will stop instantly, because they will be concentrating on smelling and attempting to lick the treat, rather than barking.
- Step 6: Keep praising the Pomeranian. Tell the Pomeranian he is a good dog for being quiet.
- Step 7: Allow the Pomeranian to have the treat after 3 seconds of quiet time.
- Step 8: Wave another treat in front of your Pomeranian if he starts to bark. This time, try not to let your dog have the treat until 5 seconds of quiet time have elapsed. Your Pomeranian should learn after each successful quiet-time interval, he will be rewarded.
- Step 9: Scold your Pomeranian every time he makes a mistake. If the Pomeranian barks, even for just an instant, as you’re waving the treat in front of his nose, say “Be quiet” in a louder voice. Then reward the Pomeranian immediately he stops barking.
- Step 10: Increase the quiet-time intervals by 3 seconds each time: from 3 seconds to 6 seconds to 9 seconds and so on. It is possible to continue to a couple of minutes of quiet time during the first session, which would mean significant progress in curbing your Pomeranian dog barking habit.
How To Train a Pomeranian Tips
It may time to get your Pomeranian to break the habit of excessive barking. Remain calm and patient, and eventually he will bark only when it is appropriate. If you have trouble getting your Pomeranian to stop barking, there are people that may have ideas to solve the barking problem.
The first step is to contact the breeder of your Pomeranian, if this fails , then consult a veterinarian or professional dog trainer trained in dog behavioral problems.
For complete and detailed Pomeranian Training information, Why your Pomeranian barks and how to control excessive barking, How to Interpret the Pomeranian Barking, How to Stop Your Pomeranian’s Excessive Barking, How to deal with Nipping or Biting, Destructive Chewing, Download the Pomeranian Training Book by Pomeranian Breed Authority Denise Leo. Once you purchase you will receive an email with the link to download. You have not received the download link ? Please also check your junk mail folder for the link.
Copyright Pomeranian.Org . All Rights Reserved.
References and Further Reading:
 Denise Leo “The Pomeranian Handbook”.